Full Job Description
A contemporary restaurant with classic genes, Baltaire is where to enjoy lunch in the sun and dinner under the stars. It’s the perfect place for cocktails and conversation or an intimate dinner any night of the week. Our light and airy dining room gives way to a gorgeous outdoor terrace by way of floor-to-ceiling glass doors, providing spacious seating for sun-soaked lunches and lavish nighttime wining and dining, all with a mid-century modern design.
With Executive Chef Travis Strickland leading our kitchen, and our certified sommelier conceptualizing cocktails and curating the wine list, Baltaire brings the highest grade steaks, exceptional seafood, resplendent drinks, and plenty of healthy, light fare options to Brentwood, CA.
As we are committed to the highest quality of food and service, we are even more invested in the support and development of our amazing team. If you are interested in growing with us in fine dining, we’d love to hear from you!
We are looking for an experienced fine dining server who can provide an enchanting dining experience for our wonderful clientele.
What We Offer:
- Above market, competitive pay along with employee discounts and a performance-based culture for promotions and compensation growth.
- Full time employees are eligible for comprehensive benefits including: medical, vision, and dental insurance, PTO, and more.
- Continued education for the best in class culinary and wine knowledge.
- Greet the guests in a timely, friendly and courteous manner, based on Baltaire’s fine dining standards.
- Record the detail of the order from the guests, repeating the order to the guests to check for accuracy. Input the order into the POS to inform the kitchen of the particulars in the order being placed.
- Confirm orders with the chefs and bartenders whenever clarification is requested.
- Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as required.
- When complete, retrieve order from the kitchen, confirm the accuracy, lift and deliver to guest, along with appropriate condiments.
- Replenish beverages as necessary and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
- Provide information on wine characteristics, wine production and types of wine to guests.
- Prepare and serve wine using wine service techniques/etiquette.
- Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service, respond promptly and courteously to any requests
- Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests.
- Check the Guest’s Check for accuracy of the Charges and Number of Guests were charged, present the Check to the guest promptly, collect appropriate payment and self- cashier.
- Maintain cleanliness and condition of the work areas and equipment.
- May be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs for the resataurant such as holidays and weekends
- Other duties as assigned by Managers.
- At least 2 years of experience as a server in a fast-paced, fine dining restaurant or wine bar required.
- Previous experience with POS required.
- A strong belief in the art of hospitality and the desire to create meaningful guest experiences.
- Must have and maintain a valid Food Handler’s certification.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability, and per the Fair Chance Ordinance will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the ordinance.