Full Job Description
You’re welcoming by nature and have a knack for remembering details. You’re happiest when juggling tasks and getting it right is important to you. You have a flair for taste tempting, the gift of persuasion, and an aim to please. Your excellent service and genuine care is appreciated, which guests immediately recognize and reward. Henrietta’s Table Restaurant Server position may be a great way for you to earn your potential.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills are required.
- One year of server experience is required.
- Successful TIPs training and the ability to use order and payment systems is expected.
- This position requires full mobility, continuous quick-paced movement, lifting and carrying up to 40 pounds and pushing food carts up to 100 pounds.
- Ideal candidate must be flexible to work mornings, nights and weekends.
- Deliver prompt, excellent service to ensure an exceptional guest experience.
- Offer helpful guidance with menu offerings, responding knowledgeably to questions.
- Help with dessert and beverage preparation and ensure all dishes present well and are to order before serving promptly to guests.
- Periodically check in to ensure guest needs are met, then graciously present an accurate check and collect payment at the conclusion of the meal.
The Charles Hotel experience reflects the eclecticism that is Cambridge. An urban oasis, The Charles offers something for everyone who is visiting the Boston area. Guests can soak in their academic surrounding by attending a lecture at Harvard, relax with a stroll along the Charles River, explore downtown Boston or dine at some of the Boston and Cambridge area’s finest restaurants, including The Charles’ own Henrietta’s Table.
The Charles is an independent property, offering luxurious accommodations and all the comforts of home. Guest rooms combine New England décor with the latest technology. 18,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor banquet space merge to offer an array of options for anyone’s next event.
Located just minutes from downtown Boston and a variety of world-class attractions, The Charles is a AAA Four Diamond Hotel and a proud member of Preferred Hotels and Resorts.
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in 49 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan