$15.50 an hour
Full Job Description
Principle Accountabilities: % of Time Spent
1. Performs routine cleaning of assigned patient rooms, baths, laboratories, offices, rest rooms, locker rooms or other areas using standard cleaning supplies and disinfectants to the high standards of cleanliness and disinfecting as directed. Measured by: Supervisory observation, as reported by others and documented discrepancies. (40%)
2. Dusts and wet mops floors and vacuums carpets; dusts and cleans furniture, fixtures, horizontal surfaces, vents, etc. Sanitizes and/or polishes mirrors, glass partitions, doors and similar interior glass surfaces; scours or polishes drinking fountains, bathtubs, showers, sinks or other porcelain surfaces; empties, sanitizes and re-lines wastebaskets. Replenishes bathroom and rest room supplies of paper towels, toilet tissue and soap; reports maintenance needs and safety hazards to Housekeeping Supervisor per established department procedures. Measured by: Supervisory observation, as reported by others and documented discrepancies. (30%)
3. Upon patient discharge, strips beds, washes/sanitizes everything that came into contact with the patient. Sanitizes patient care equipment (i.e.- IV poles, bedside commodes, walkers, etc) before placing them in storage. Disposes of disposable utensils used by patient (i.e.- bed pans, urinals, water pitchers, wash basins, etc). Reports any patient’s belongings left behind to nursing for prompt removal. Washes and cleans discharged patient unit, including bed, chest, table, locker and drawers. Makes bed and replenishes patient supplies, following established department and hospital procedures. Measured by: Supervisory observation, as reported by others and documented discrepancies. (10%)
4. Performs assigned project work including but not limited to general cleaning of chairs, waste baskets, kick plates, convectors, bathroom walls, doors and door frames, lower windows and tracks, casters on movable furniture and wheelchairs/stretchers as requested. Measured by: Supervisory observation, as reported by others and documented discrepancies. (10%)
5. Cleans and performs nominal maintenance on upright vacuum (i.e.- change bag, check for blockage), work carts and equipment; following department policy and procedure, removes unsafe equipment form service. Meets safety and cleanliness guidelines 100% of the time. Measured by: Supervisory observation, as reported by others and documented discrepancies. (5%)
6. Performs other work duties as assigned. (5%)
Faithful to our Episcopal-Presbyterian heritage and its ministry of healing, St. Luke’s is dedicated to improving the health of the communities we serve.
Using talents and resources responsibly, we provide high quality, safe care with compassion, professional excellence and respect for each other and those we serve.
As an independent healthcare network, we create healthy communities in the region through our commitment to high quality, safe and personalized services.
We accept and treat all persons as being created in the image of God.
We respond with caring to the needs of others as if they were members of our family.
We honor each person’s rights and responsibilities in light of the common good.
We set and strive to attain high standards of performance and continuous improvement.
We use our talents and resources wisely, with honesty and integrity.
Posted 14 days ago