High school or equivalent (Required)
US work authorization (Required)
Full Job Description
Located in the heart of San Francisco’s downtown financial district, Credo opened on Martin Luther King Jr. day in 2010 and has been a hub for business lunches, intimate dinners, corporate events and social gatherings for over a decade. Credo is the Latin word for “I believe.” We believe that good food and good company go hand-in-hand. We believe in authentic ingredients, creative preparation, and gracious hospitality. Our chefs create a menu that reflects our deep appreciation of Italian culinary traditions combined with Northern California sensibilities. Through their hard work, we are able to create robust and complex flavors from simple, seasonal ingredients.
Credo is part of The Merchants Exchange, the hospitality division of Clint Reilly Landmark Properties. The Merchants Exchange team has more than 50 years combined experience hosting and producing special events in San Francisco. From planning and logistics, to production, management, and in-house gourmet catering, the Merchants Exchange is the only fully-verticalized event production service tied exclusively to three of the city’s finest venues – Julia Morgan Ballroom, Merchant Exchange Club and Credo Restaurant. That’s why every program executed by the Merchants Exchange is more than an event, it is a true San Francisco experience.
The Service Manager will work closely with the General Manager and Assistant General Manager to oversee the day-to-day operations of the restaurant. Together, they recruit, train, manage and mentor all front of the house staff including servers, runners, bus persons, bartenders and hosts. This role will provide direction and support for the Credo team to ensure a positive and memorable guest experience. When needed, the Service Manager will also assist with the successful execution of private events and off-site catering.
- Be knowledgeable of the history and vision of Credo
- Be the point-of-contact for all information regarding hours of operation, all food and beverage items (ingredients, presentations, allergies etc.), daily specials, catering opportunities, private events capabilities
- Maintain a constant presence on the floor during service overseeing the entire operation
- Manage private events – facilitating service and client satisfaction throughout event
- Work closely with culinary team to ensure consistent food quality and presentation
GUEST RELATIONS AND COMMUNICATION
- Ensure that the Credo Guest Profile Program is maintained and up to date. Work with our corporate office administrative assistants/interns to ensure Credo Guest Profiles are researched and Open Table Guest Notes are updated by hosts on a regular basis. Ensure that our staff is knowledgeable and aware of “who” is in the restaurant at all times.
- Assist with the Credo Concierge Program. Build and maintain relationships with hotel concierges in the surrounding area and other industry peers.
- Handle guest requests and/or complaints in a timely manner
- Engage in polite conversation with guests, creating a personal dining experience
- Communicate clearly and effectively with guests and clients of Credo and MEP
- Maintain open line of communication with management team of Credo and MEP
STAFF AND TRAINING
- Be the example – hold yourself and team members accountable for high standards of hospitality, fostering a positive and proactive environment
- Preach the “excellence reflex” to staff so that all team members are always striving to do better and be better.
- Establish and implement service standards, accountability measures and incentives for all team members. Sustain on-going training topics that encompass all areas of hospitality
- Conduct an engaging pre-shift meeting prior to meal service
- Motivate team members to provide a memorable experience and excellent guest service
- Attend weekly Credo management and BEO meetings
- Assist with scheduling, payroll, tip reports, reconciliation of cash banks, etc.
- Assist in maintaining equipment and beverage inventories, ordering supplies, forecasting, budgeting
- Other duties as necessary/requested
- Minimum 2 years experience in a high-end restaurant/bar management position. Previous experience as a server, runner, bus person and/or bartender is desirable
- Knowledgeable about beer, wines and spirits of the world. Level 1 or 2 certification from the Court of Master Sommeliers is desirable
- Current California food handlers certificate required, TIPS certification preferred
- Pleasant, calming demeanor
- High level of professionalism and positive, can-do attitude
- Excellent English oral and written skills
- Professional attire, polished appearance
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Proven self-starter capable of finding solutions with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail, organized and able to prioritize
- Working knowledge of Microsoft word, excel, outlook, Toast POS, Opentable
- Stamina to work 8+ hours a day, standing and walking for a large portion of the shift
- Weekly schedule flexibility which will include, days, evenings, weekends, holidays and nonconsecutive days off as dictated by the restaurants operational hours as well as the event/catering schedule
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Based on experience
- Bonus based on results of pre-established goals
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) option + 4% company match
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Pre-tax commuter plan for public transit
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Fine dining restaurant
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
- Signing bonus
ALL STAFF must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. ALL guests are required to show proof of covid-19 vaccination before dining indoors and are required to wear a face covering unless actively eating or drinking.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Work Location: One location