Full Job Description
A great experience starts with you!
Honda Center welcomes fans, performers, and athletes from around the globe. Our team members are an integral part of the event experience through their interactions with guests. Whether you’re looking to create a great guest experience at a concert, support business growth and development, work behind-the-scenes during an Anaheim Ducks game, or anything in-between, this is your opportunity to start the next chapter of your career story and help create a one-of-a-kind fan experience at Honda Center.
Once you’ve had a chance to explore our current open positions, apply to the ones you feel best suit you, as an applicant, you can always see your application status in your profile.
This is a part-time, non-exempt position located within the Food and Beverage Department at Honda Center. The key responsibilities of the position are to educate and guide internal and external guests through the extensive wine catalogue and determine wine that would suit the guests’ needs. This position will also be responsible for maintaining the wine cellar inventory and oversee the delivery of wines throughout the operation. This position reports to the Chef & Director of Food & Beverage.
Examples of Essential Duties/Responsibilities:
- Subject matter expertise in wine
- Oversee and maintain organization’s extensive wine inventory; count and review inventory levels on a daily basis
- Monitor the conditions of the wine cellar, ensuring optimal storage of all wine
- Provide in-depth knowledge of wine to guests on wine selection
- Increase sales by upselling wine offerings
- Learn and stay well-versed in Honda Center Food and Beverage wine varietals and offerings
- Present and serve bottles of wine in Wine Cellar, restaurants, and all other food and beverage operating areas
- Recognize and identify when and why decanting wines is appropriate; serve wine in appropriate glassware
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all serve-ware, machines, and wine cellar
- Partner with Chefs for food and wine pairings
- Make recommendations on wine varietals/offerings
- Educate and disseminate wine information and knowledge to other food and beverage employees
- Process sales transactions through identified POS; cash handling skills; process credit card payments accordingly; maintain and manage all receipts for reconciliation
- Other duties as assigned
Specific Qualifications/Abilities: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Sommelier Diploma or minimum WSET Level 1 or 2
- Service experience within a fine dining restaurant, preferred
- Hospitable, friendly, professional, and courteous
- Strong attention to detail; accurate with inventory and cash management
- Familiarity with POS systems
- Ability to work independently as well as in a group setting
- Ability to prioritize while handling multiple tasks
- Independent thinker; able to initiate ideas and execute upon approval
- Able to take direction from multiple parties
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and some holidays
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Anaheim Arena Management, LLC (F&B)
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!