US work authorization (Preferred)
Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $30.7K – $38.9K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Houston, TX.
Full Job Description
dnata is one of the world’s largest air services providers. Established in 1959, the company ensures the aviation industry operates smoothly and efficiently in 127 airports. Offering ground handling, cargo, travel, and flight catering services in 35 countries across six continents, dnata is a trusted partner for over 300 airline customers worldwide. Each day, the company handles over 1,900 flights, moves over 8,500 tons of cargo, books over 16,000 hotel stays, and uplifts over 320,000 meals.
- Knowledge of all major kitchen equipment and appliances.
- Ability to properly operate ovens, stoves, grills, steamers, smoker, mixers, kettles, char-broiler and other kitchen equipment.
- Must be able to identify and properly use all small kitchen wares.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Strong knowledge of HACCP and sanitation standards.
- Ability to adhere to strict grooming standards established by Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Ability to recognize and utilize weights and measurements, both liquid and dry.
- Knowledge of accounting and cost control principles.
- Ability to supervise and manage employees including training, progressive discipline and hiring.
- Knowledge of purchasing related to food items and small wares.
- Knowledge and skills in diverse culinary techniques including Arabic Ethnic Cuisine, Cold Displays, Sauces, Protein Cutting, Plate Presentation and Sanitation.
- Skill in volume production and hands-on cooking.
- Ability to perform basic math functions necessary to execute recipes.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work extended hours productively.
- Good understanding of computer software programs to include Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Two-year degree in Culinary field or appropriate continuing education experience and relevant work experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience as a Sous Chef.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in a kitchen environment.
- Minimum of two (2) years in a supervisory role.
We believe that diversity and inclusion are fundamental to creating a vital workplace and community. At dnata, we’re proud that our workforce is as diverse as the customers we serve. And we’re committed to nurturing your talent with mentoring, volunteer, and professional development opportunities. We welcome everyone. Our employee resource groups are one of the many ways we champion diversity and inclusion at dnata.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Houston, TX 77032: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- a kitchen environment: 2 years (Preferred)
- a Sous Chef: 2 years (Preferred)
- a supervisory role: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Application response rate: 83%
Hiring 2 candidates for this role
Employer reviewed job 1 day ago
Posted 30+ days ago