Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $38.3K – $48.5K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Pittsford, NY.
Full Job Description
Are you ready to apply your expertise to a rewarding career with a leader in the hospitality industry? Join the DelMonte Hotel Group team! We are currently seeking experienced and driven candidates just like you to serve as a Sous Chef.
You will play a key role to ensure a great guest and colleague experience. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, a tight-knit and supportive work environment, plus numerous opportunities for professional development and advancement. Become part of our family and see why so many of our associates have made DelMonte Hotel Group their career home. Contact us today – we’re waiting to hear from you!
As a Sous Chef, you will directly supervise associates in the Kitchen and carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Direct, train and mentor all associates.
- Assign duties and shifts to associates and observe performance to ensure adherence to hotel policies and established operating procedures.
- Write and develop menus, feature offerings, usage records, quality standards and presentation standards in coordination with the Executive Chef.
- Prepare and cook food according to standards and monitor food production of associates.
- Ensure opening and closing procedures are completed per checklists.
- Ensure compliance with food safety and handling policies and procedures, i.e., use dates, temperature of appliances and food.
- Complete monthly food inventory in coordination with purchasing department.
- Monitor food production, ordering, cost, quality and consistency to ensure budgeted food cost % and department profitability is achieved.
- Assist at any and all stations in the kitchen as needed.
- Ensure that same day or advance prep for any and all stations is complete.
- Assist with coordination of the details of catering events with the appropriate management and staff.
- Ensure all brand standards and initiatives are implemented and followed.
- Attend staff meetings to discuss company policies and guest complaints, and to make recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation.
- Ensure effective departmental communication through logs, daily stand up meetings and monthly department meetings.
- Perform a variety of administrative tasks including maintaining an accurate inventory of supplies, maintaining department budget, processing department payroll and handling any accounting and purchasing functions.
- Maintain up to date records and files.
- Provide information pertaining to hours and available services of the hotel, i.e. restaurant, lounge, room service.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the Kitchen, storage rooms and surrounding areas.
We are looking for a self-motivated Sous Chef with a strong work ethic and a drive to exceed expectations. It is also important that you have excellent communication skills and interpersonal as well as the ability to establish rapport with colleagues.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- 2 to 4 years related experience in culinary or related professional area; Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) or equivalent from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Solid organizational, time-management and prioritization skills
As a Sous Chef with DelMonte Hotel Group, you will be part of a hospitality leader that prides itself on cultivating a workplace that feels like home and that brings out the best in you, each and every day. It’s the kind of company where many of our associates come for a job, but stay for a career—the kind of place where your strengths will be appreciated, and where each of us can truly be ourselves.
Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with excellent compensation packages, which may vary somewhat depending on location.
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefit packages for full-time positions
- Hotel room discounts at our locations around the globe
- Discounts on food and beverages
- Professional development and advancement opportunities