Full Job Description
The Lodge at Torrey Pines
Step into the timeless craftsman charm of The Lodge at Torrey Pines. Overlooking the world-renowned Torrey Pines Golf Course with views of the Pacific Ocean, the AAA Five Diamond rated resort features 170 rooms and suites, 2 restaurants, a full-service spa, versatile meeting spaces, and unprecedented service.
The following position will be filled in accordance with the process set forth in California Labor Code Section 2810.8 and San Diego Municipal Code 311.0101 et. seq.
The Sous Chef (“Supervisor de Cocina”) oversees all culinary operations in the hotel by managing and directing the kitchen’s employees. Ensures a product of high quality and value is consistently achieved. Contributes to the overall success of all culinary operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates all administration, production and service of culinary functions.
- Conveys a favorable image of the organization by projecting a positive, professional appearance and demeanor to our guests and associates alike.
- Attends all Food and Beverage Department meetings.
- Works closely with the Executive Chef in developing, costing and implementing menus.
- Trains staff to ensure the highest level of quality on a consistent basis.
- Ensures the kitchens are maintained at the highest level of sanitation as prescribed by the San Diego Health Department and the hotel standards.
- Instructs the culinary team in established safety and emergency procedures.
- Manages all culinary operations in the absence of the Executive Chef.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as directed by the Executive Chef and leadership team.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Food Handlers Certification
- Previous similar position in a top-quality restaurant or hotel is preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time, for the complete shift.
- Experience in customer service is preferred, such as retail cashier, food industry service, guest service with public contacts, etc.
- Ability to maintain a friendly, team-oriented, positive attitude and a professional appearance at all times.
- Ability to be poised under pressure with continued smiles, and maintain a highly diplomatic attitude with challenging guests and under stressful circumstances.
- Open availability on nights, weekends, and holidays.
- $1,000 Sign-on Bonus
- $100 Gift-Card for employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Up to $500 Referral Bonus, after being hired, for each referral you make that is hired at any Evans Hotels property
- Discounted Hotel Rooms for all employees and friends & family
- Free Employee Parking and/or discounted MTS Pronto Card
- Free Meals & Refreshments during working shifts
- Discounts on cell phone bills, shoes, gym memberships, hotel stays at our sister properties, and more!
The Lodge at Torrey Pines is owned by Evans Hotels, LLC, a family-owned and operated business committed to supporting and enhancing employee well-being through a variety of programs that nurture our staff professionally and personally. We offer hands-on manager and leadership training, employee appreciation days, and staff awards and recognition. Our team is also dedicated to serving our community through initiatives like company-wide beach clean-ups and volunteer opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time
Posted 19 days ago