$18 – $20 an hour
Day Shift (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Title: Sous Chef
Report: Director of Culinary
Location: Woodinville, WA
Hourly: $20/hr+ DOE, tips and employee discounts on food and wine
Status: Fulltime with benefits after 60 days
Start date: May 1, 2022
Interested in learning more about the hospitality business from the food and wine perspective? We are offering a unique opportunity for someone who is passionate & thrives upon delivering outstanding guest service. You will work alongside seasoned industry professionals and the opportunity to learn how a winery tasting room operates. Opportunity for growth and promotion based on performance.
Rocky Pond’s Sous Chef will oversee the daily culinary operations in Woodinville and support tasting room personnel and sales initiatives. This includes adequate and cost-effective ordering of the ingredients, preparation of food items, delivery of food items in a timely and personable manner and training of tasting room personnel. Candidate must be detailed oriented, enthusiastic, passionate about health and sustainable farming. Must be a team player and enjoy interacting with guests to provide an exceptional, high touch, experience. Required to promote a company culture that encourages integrity, positive results, excellence, attitude of servitude and sustainability.
- Be proficient in estimating food consumption and costs.
- Adhere to presentation techniques and quality standards.
- Ability to offer culinary instruction and/or demonstrate culinary techniques at company events.
- Responsibly maintain and repair of all kitchen-related equipment.
- Strong knowledge of local, state and federal food sanitation regulations.
- Handle food, and train kitchen personnel, in a manner that is consistent with local health department guidelines.
- Ensure safety regulations, reports injuries, maintain safe conditions and work practices.
- Must have at least 5+ years of experience.
- Possess extensive understanding a professional kitchen use and workflow.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct the activities of kitchen staff effectively.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Fundamental understanding of sanitation, cleanliness and personal hygiene.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task and time management skills.
- Requires moderate physical efforts: standing, carrying, bending, stretching, stooping, pulling and pushing, lifting of weights up to 50 pounds.
- Working conditions involve, noise, heat, changes in temperature, kitchen elements, odors, moisture, etc.
- May be required to work additional hours as dictated by the workload and staffing.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $18.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Woodinville, WA 98072: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Prep Cooks: 2 years (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Application response rate: 52%
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
Posted 30+ days ago