Full Job Description
- We are hiring immediately for a SOUS CHEF – NE position.
- Location: St. John Fisher College; 3690 East Avenue. Rochester, NY 14618. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Sunday through Thursday, hours are roughly 3/3:30p-12a. More details are available upon interview.
- Details: The sous chef (non-exempt) is responsible for supervising back-of-house operations for the late-night shift.
- Requirement: 2 years of culinary supervisory experience.
- Reports to: Sr. Executive Chef
- Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1023582.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
At colleges and universities around the country, Chartwells Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience. We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed hungry minds and prepare students for success.
With over 300 campuses around the country, we are seeking hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your career journey with us and look forward to hearing from you.
Summary: Supervises and participates in the preparation and service of food and beverage items in adherence to company standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees and participates in the preparation and service of food and beverage items while meeting standards for presentation, sanitation, safety and portion control.
- Assumes responsibility for kitchen in absence of Executive Chef.
- Communicates with customers to describe menu preparation, answer questions and resolve concerns; communicates customer comments and operational needs appropriately through the organization.
- Helps with menu planning and ordering following appropriate company programs and initiatives.
- Uses approved food recipes and production standards to ensure proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control.
- Assigns duties to associates for efficient operation of the kitchen; ensures timely and efficient meal service to all service areas.
- Conducts periodic and regular inspections to monitor quality of food preparation, service, cleanliness and sanitation of production and service areas, appearance of equipment and associates; takes appropriate corrective action when appropriate.
- Supervises and participates in the service of food and beverage orders; ensures the delivery of exemplary customer service and no service delays.
- Supervises associates, including training, scheduling, assigning and directing work; conducts pre-shift meetings.
- Participates in performance management of associates, including appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining associates and resolving concerns.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We are always looking for ways to invest in our people both inside and outside of work to help them achieve their full potential. Both full-time and part-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Opportunities for Training and Development
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Posted 30+ days ago