Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $44.7K – $56.5K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Houston, TX.
Be a part of an AMAZING Team!!!
Assists in establishing and coordinating procedures and systems in the Dining Services department. Effectively manages all food production in the absence of the Executive Chef.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Assists in maintaining and enforcing policies and procedures of all meals of all levels of care.
- Coordinates daily meal preparation adhering to quality standards and established time frames in the absence of the manager or as directed.
- Assists in ensuring that all mealtime deadlines are met in all levels of care.
- Assists Executive Chef in maintaining adequate and balanced food inventory.
- Assists in developing appropriate goals and action plans to meet resident expectations.
- Practice all safety and loss prevention procedures.
- Assists in managing department expenses not to exceed budgetary guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
May supervise employees in the Kitchen in the absence of the Executive Chef. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Educational Requirements and Experience:
- Associates degree in culinary arts program preferred.
- Previous experience as a Cook in a senior living community.
- Successful completion of recognized food safety course.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Language Ability:
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally speaking the primary language of the residents.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Cognitive Demands:
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills:
- Basic computer skills required.
- Must demonstrate an interest in working with a senior population.
- skills and encourages growth; Improves processes, products and services.
- Provides leadership by exhibiting confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well.
- Interacts with guests, residents and staff in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Responds promptly to resident needs.
- Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Works primarily indoors.
- Possible exposure to high heat and cold temperatures.
- Possible exposure to unpleasant odors.
- Possible exposure to chemicals as identified in the MSDS Manual.
- Continuous exposure to residents who are ill, confused, irritable and irrational.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The Team Member is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The Team Member must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The Buckingham is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, The Buckingham will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with The Buckingham.
Posted 4 days ago