Full Job Description
- Demonstrate exceptional guest service mentality
- Place high priority on the guest
- Go above and beyond to satisfy guest requests
- Focus the team on hospitality
Passion for the Brand
- Demonstrate a passion for food
- Actively support the brand concept
- Model and promote adherence to brand standards and recipes
- Consistently deliver on high standards of food preparation and presentation
Build Great Teams
- Promote cooperation between front and back of house
- Demonstrate an open, respectful communication style
- Provide effective cross-training
- Demonstrate patience with team
- Respect and promote diversity within the team
Lead and Hold Others Accountable
- Demonstrate confidence
- Accept responsibility for operations in absence of the chef
- Follow up effectively with team to ensure quality results
- Set and communicate clear goals and expectations
- Enforce accountability for performance and results
- Demonstrate a strong interest in developing others
- Serve as a mentor and coach to others
- Provide continual feedback
- Celebrate success and reward achievements
- Open to feedback and willing to continuously learn from and with others
Business Planning and Financial Responsibility
- Demonstrate basic computer skills including a familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Able to read, interpret, and effectively act upon profit & loss and other financial data
- Identify and monitor business trends
Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Strong attention to detail
- Evaluate options and impact in order to make the best decisions
- Think creatively to find solutions to problems
- Anticipate and catch issues before they become problems
- Involve others as needed to ensure well thought out decisions
- Demonstrate effective organization and time management skills
- Show personal motivation and initiative to get jobs done
- Respond with a sense of urgency
- Maintain stamina throughout high volume periods
- Ability to handle pressure effectively
- Flexibly respond to changing demands
- Stay focused and productive
- Represent self professionally at all times
- Open to new ideas and methods
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform restaurant food preparation (daily raw prep, cooked prep and/or butchering) and work the cooks’ line (as the Pantry, Broil, Sides Cook or Expediter) as scheduled by the restaurant Chef.
- Conduct thorough walk-through of operation prior to opening each day.
- Perform weekly inventory and correctly place and receive orders for meat, seafood, poultry, dairy, produce and other kitchen operating supplies.
- Supervise line cooks to determine what needs to be prepared prior to start of
- Conduct line check prior to service to ensure quality product and preparations.
- Expedite orders at the window; monitor timing, temperature and food quality.
- Track product usage and prepares daily prep sheets according to established par and inventory levels, based upon product shelf life, to ensure sufficient quality, quantity and back-up for the day’s business.
- Facilitate staff meeting prior to shift to cover special needs, events and or issues for the day.
- Provide back up at each station as necessary.
- Provide ongoing feedback and direction to back of house staff to promote high standards, execution and results.
- Supervise the kitchen operations, food quality and preparation, and staff job performance in the absence of the Chef.
- Assist the Chef in maintaining all safety, security, sanitation, and cleanliness and housekeeping standards for the restaurant.
- Review sales and assist the Chef in achieving food, labor and other operating expense budgets.
- Construct the weekly kitchen work schedule to meet the demands of the business, within the perimeters of the restaurant’s kitchen labor budget, as directed by the Chef
- Inspect equipment and identify maintenance issues.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Extensive experience cooking in and ideally leading a high-volume, upscale concept restaurant
- Formal culinary training and education is a plus
- Formal business education is a plus
- Proficient and cross-trained in all kitchen job stations, positions and cooking skills
- Servsafe Food Certification and or equivalent
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Typical shift is 10-12 hours
- Able to work on your feet for at least 8 hours
- Temperature extremes range from working near 1800 degree Fahrenheit broilers to working in a walk-in freezer of -10 degree Fahrenheit
- Must be able to lift, handle, and carry food, supply, smallwares, equipment, supplies and paper goods at a minimum of 50 pounds constantly, and up to 100 pounds occasionally
- Must be able to bend, kneel, stoop, reach, and squat on a frequent basis to receive and store stock, supplies and equipment, as well as to work the line during service periods
- Must be able to taste, be able to distinguish between and among flavors, spices, temperatures, mouth feel and smell, and distinguish between and among odors and scents as to their appeal and level of intensity for all food and beverage products
- Must be able to work in an environment subject to loud noises from restaurant equipment and machinery, and fumes, odors, dust and smoke
Posted 30+ days ago