From $25 an hour
US work authorization (Required)
Full Job Description
Apply now and, if hired, you could be eligible for a $1,500 signing bonus.
Are you looking for an opportunity to advance your culinary career? We have an incredible Sous Chef opportunity at Skyline, one of Seattle’s premier luxury Senior Living communities. Our Sous Chef will be responsible for food production and preparation, and oversee the back-of-house activity, including assisting in management of kitchen operations. You’ll work with an incredible staff dedicated to ensuring a high quality of culinary excellence for our community. This role will also be integral in ensuring Skyline’s “Living in Style” program is a success!
What you will do as our Sous Chef:
- Prepare delicious food that meets a variety of dietary needs.
- Conduct regular Quality Assurance Audits to ensure food is well prepared and kitchen is neat & organized.
- Kitchen food safety and sanitary food handling. Ensures compliance of King County and DSHS regulations.
- Maintain professional relationships with food and equipment venders.
- Hiring, orientation, training, and evaluation of kitchen staff.
- Assist with supervising utility and FOH staff as needed.
- Create a motivating environment that encourages team members to be involved, creative, and problem solving.
- Act as Executive Chef in their absence.
- Other duties as assigned
What you will need to succeed:
- Experience as a Chef/Kitchen Manager in a senior living community.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with staff and external constituents.
- Able to prepare therapeutic/modified diets.
- Successful completion of recognized food safety course.
At Skyline, we care deeply about our mission and commitment to providing exceptional care to our residents. We do this by offering:
- Work/Life Balance
- Competitive pay
- Excellent benefits: We have the benefits you’re looking for!
- A culture of Fun and commitment to the care of our residents, our communities and each other
- Your opinion matters! We share ideas, we listen and work together to make great things happen
We are proud to step up for safety by requiring COVID-19 vaccination of all team members. We’re prioritizing safety for our team members and residents/clients, their families and our communities by requiring the COVID-19 vaccination. It’s about safety, care and valuing each member of our team so we can all Work with Purpose and Impact.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Food provided
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Casual dining restaurant
- Fine dining restaurant
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Signing bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Seattle, WA 98104: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Hiring 2 candidates for this role
Employer reviewed job 6 days ago
Posted 8 days ago