Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $36.9K – $46.7K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in El Cajon, CA.
Much has changed since that time. Today the Sycuan Tribe governs its Reservation, owns and operates a Casino and a Golf Resort, and owns a number of other business ventures in the San Diego Region.
One attribute that remains unchanged, however, is Sycuan’s sense of community. Sycuan is more than just a business. Sycuan is a community of people working together toward a common goal. Whether you work in our state-of-the-art Casino, our beautiful Resort, or become a staff member in our Tribal Government division, you will be part of the Sycuan family.
- Maintains efficient operation of the kitchen operations by assigning duties to kitchen staff, communicating pertinent departmental information to staff, instructing personnel on food service policies and procedures, correcting out of compliance behaviors, regulating food product utilization, drafting food production sheets, monitoring kitchen staff performance, and performing production cook duties as needed.
- Prepares and cooks food for guest consumption by following recipes according to established standards and as projected on the menu and/or catering requests, preparing food products according to production sheets, chopping, slicing, dicing, baking, frying, basting, boiling, sautéing, steaming, grilling, marinating, portioning desserts and condiments, and ensuring cold and hot food wells are filled and replenishing as needed.
- Assists the Chef by participating in the training of production cooks and catering staff, providing guidance on proper portion controls and food presentation, monitoring cooks’ performance, communicating relevant information between shifts, monitoring team member performance, training team members, conducting performance appraisals, providing counseling, guidance, and corrective action as needed, generating appropriate paperwork, and reporting discrepancies to the Chef.
- Ensures safe and sanitary kitchen and storage areas are maintained by checking food products for temperature and freshness, rotating food items as needed, maintaining correct cooling, reheating and storing of foods, cleaning and wiping counters, shelves, refrigerators, hot and cold wells and surrounding areas, organizing storage area as needed, storing and restocking product on the line and surrounding areas, and following proper utilization guidelines for all supplies and equipment.
- Assists with catering both on site and off site by ensuring proper set up prior to event, cooking, cleaning, working the event, and breaking down all equipment, supplies and product at conclusion of event.
- In the absence of the Chef completes all job duties and responsibilities of the Chef as required.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D or equivalent experience
- ServSafe Manager Certification
- 2 years cooking in a commercial kitchen
- 1 year supervisory or Sous Chef experience
- Completion of Sycuans Supervisory Certificate Program
- CA Driver’s License in good standing
- Culinary degree
- Ability to create recipes and menus
- Working knowledge of responsible alcohol beverage service
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests and team members
- Ability to provide leadership and guidance to staff
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks and assignments
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Ability to maintain professionalism and composure
- Ability to understand and follow verbal directives and written directions
- Ability to accept constructive criticism
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language
- Ability to routinely lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Ability to stand and walk for up to eight hours at a time
- Ability to bend, stoop, push and pull
- Ability to work in a smoking environment
- Ability to drive catering vehicles
- Ability to maintain a good driving record
Sous Chef, Chef, Cooking, BOH
Posted 15 days ago