Full Job Description
The Lodge at Torrey Pines
Step into the timeless craftsman charm of The Lodge at Torrey Pines. Overlooking the world-renowned Torrey Pines Golf Course with views of the Pacific Ocean, the AAA Five Diamond rated resort features 170 rooms and suites, 2 restaurants, a full-service spa, versatile meeting spaces, and unprecedented service.
The following position will be filled in accordance with the process set forth in California Labor Code Section 2810.8 and San Diego Municipal Code 311.0101 et. seq.
The Banquet Sous Chef (“Sous Chef de Banquetes”) manages and operates banquet culinary operations while leading and directing its staff. Is responsible for preparation and service of banquet menus ensuring that the highest level of quality is consistently achieved. Contributes to the overall organization and direction of all culinary operations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contributes to the overall organization and direction of all culinary operations.
- Coordinates all administration, production and service of banquet functions from a culinary perspective.
- Conveys a favorable image of the organization by projecting a positive, professional appearance and demeanor to our guests and associates alike.
- Attends all banquet meetings.
- Produces all production lists for each event.
- Works closely with the Executive Chef in developing, costing and implementing all banquet menus, as well as all other menus within the hotel.
- Trains staff to ensure the highest level of quality on a consistent basis.
- Ensures the kitchens are maintained at the highest level of sanitation as prescribed by the Health Department and the hotel standards.
- Instructs all department personnel in established safety and emergency procedures.
- Manages all culinary operations in the absence of the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as directed by the leadership team.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Food Handlers Certification
- Previous similar position in restaurant or hotel is preferred.
- Ability to maintain a friendly, team-oriented, positive attitude and a professional appearance at all times.
- Ability to be poised under pressure with continued smiles, and maintain a highly diplomatic attitude with challenging guests and under stressful circumstances.
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand, kneel, squat for prolonged periods of time, up to and including, the entire shift.
- $1,000 Sign-on Bonus
- $100 Gift-Card for employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Up to $500 Referral Bonus, after being hired, for each referral you make that is hired at any Evans Hotels property
- Discounted Hotel Rooms for all employees and friends & family
- Free Employee Parking and/or discounted MTS Pronto Card
- Free Meals & Refreshments during working shifts
- Discounts on cell phone bills, shoes, gym memberships, hotel stays at our sister properties, and more!
The Lodge at Torrey Pines is owned by Evans Hotels, LLC, a family-owned and operated business committed to supporting and enhancing employee well-being through a variety of programs that nurture our staff professionally and personally. We offer hands-on manager and leadership training, employee appreciation days, and staff awards and recognition. Our team is also dedicated to serving our community through initiatives like company-wide beach clean-ups and volunteer opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Casual dining restaurant
- Fine dining restaurant
- 8 hour shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Signing bonus
Work Location: One location
On-going need to fill this role
Employer reviewed job 6 days ago
Posted 30+ days ago