US work authorization (Required)
Warehouse experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Position Summary: The Warehouse Associate and Forklift Driver position is responsible for the daily activities needed during the production of fine wine, taking direction from the Production Manager, Winemakers and Cellar Master. Through the course of the year, these activities may include forklift driving, basic cellar tasks, participating in safety training and various other tasks as needed. This position will also cross-train with to learn other Operating skills & tasks.
Day Shift & Swing Shift needed. Swing Shift includes $1.00 pay differential.
- Follows production schedule and transports material or equipment to and from designated areas in the facility
- Loading and unloading goods from vehicles
- Moving goods packed on pallets or in crates around the cellar
- Stacking goods in the correct storage bays, following inventory control instructions
- Checking loads are secure
- Stacking empty pallets
- Performing daily equipment checks such as recharging the truck’s battery and lubricating equipment
- Removing machine attachments and waste material from machines
- Examining products to verify conformance to quality standards
- Dumping materials as needed
- Performing general activities related to the bottling process: cleaning the bottling line, cleaning the holding tanks, preparing wine for bottling, moving wine into the tanks, and providing support for the bottling crew as needed
- Performing general tasks related to cellar maintenance and cleaning; monitoring cellar supplies and equipment; participating in safety presentations and training; and assisting production manager in other tasks as needed
- Maintain proper time and attendance in WorkforceNow.ADP and take requirement timely meal and rest breaks.
Comply with all company safety policies, practices, and procedures. Participate in safety training and report all unsafe conditions or work practices.
Participate in team efforts and perform additional duties as needed.
Language: Ability to speak and understand basic English required for all positions.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively participate in one-on-one and small groups situations
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide accurately, using standard American units of currency, weight, volume, and/or distance. Ability to recognize and correcting accuracy when using calculator or computer spreadsheet.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to a variety of tasks and duties. Ability to adapt to minor changes in routine, solve basic problems, and work with moderate supervision.
Education, Experience, Certificates, Licenses:
High School diploma or GED; or 6-12 months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Current, valid Driver’s License, insurable driving record, and proof of current automobile insurance may be required.
Heavy physical activity performing regular strenuous activities, including standing, walking, climbing, reaching, carrying, pushing, pulling, squatting, and other motions.Stability and balance adequate for elevated and/or narrow work areas. Requires lifting and moving objects up to 50 lbs. in weight independently, and up to 100 lbs. or more with assistance. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach, grasp, hold, handle items, and work with the fingers, wrists, elbows, and shoulders. Clear vision (close and distant),peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Hearing adequate for working safely around machinery, vehicles, and other equipment.
Indoor and outdoor environment with variable lighting, temperature and/or ventilation. Areas may or may not be heated, air-conditioned, or shaded. Outdoor periods frequently required in changing weather conditions. Exposure to fumes and/or a variety of chemicals. Moderate to high noise levels typical of machinery, power tools, vehicles, and other equipment. (Note: PPE provided for all workers.)
Schedule and Travel Requirements:
Variable schedule: Primarily a set schedule but may require weekends, periodic evenings, and/or periodic or seasonal overtime.
Position does not require overnight travel
Competitive compensation wage and full benefits offered.
***Benefits: medical starts first of the month following your hire date, dental, vision, FSA/HSA, Life/Disability/AD&D, 401k, vacation, sick, holiday, commuter benefits and generous employee discounts.
Proud to be honored by the North Bay Business Journal’s Best Places to Work 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2019.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Warehouse experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location