Assist with the daily operations of the Wine Education Department and associated Hospitality and Wine Education events. Assure that all aspects of Wine Education are executed in a smooth, efficient and accurate fashion, while providing guest experiences of optimum quality.
• Greet VIP tour groups and other visitors.
• Conduct Wine Education seminars for small to very large groups.
• Conduct tours of facilities on foot and in company vehicles.
• Present and pour the wines of wineries at in-house tours, special events and outside tasting events as required.
• Confidently provide information about the winery and its products.
• Coverage on weekends, tours, offsite tastings and special events.
• Support in the operations of the Visitor Center and the set-up, execution and breakdown of special events.
• As needed, assist in educational programs and projects.
• Conduct regular wine inventories and maintain appropriate supply levels.
• Assist other departments as needed.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Enthusiasm for wine in general.
• 2-3 years experience in winery hospitality or related field.
• Valid California’s driver’s license and a clean DMV record.
• Ability to re-locate from one facility to another during one shift.
• Mobility required to conduct tours of facilities on foot.
• Relaxed, friendly and professional demeanor.
• Able to interact effectively with wide range of contacts, i.e. the public, co-workers and members of other departments.
• Basic computer skills (i.e., word processing and spreadsheet generation) preferred.
• Wine Education Certification preferred, e.g. WSET, CSW or similar
• Regular working schedule to include weekends and holidays.
• Long and irregular hours during peak seasons and/or special events.
• Moderate to heavy physical work (moving wine cases, set-up, execution and breakdown for special events).
• Lifting up to 50 lbs, including overhead lifting.
About Alkar Human Resources
• Service support – maintaining bar areas, clean tables, stock wine and wash and dry stemware, plates and flatware
• Set up Salon and outside terrace for visitors
• Stock supplies for food program
• Answer guests’ inquiries, assist the Chef, and serve guests