Full Job Description
Set up banquet tables, retrieve and serve alcoholic, non-alcoholic beverages and food to guest tables according to hotel specifications and group requirements, courteously and efficiently. Take beverage orders and collect payments where specified. Maintain cleanliness and condition of the work areas and equipment. Read and understand Banquet Event Orders and carry out the instructions given on the Banquet Event Orders. Work well with co-workers as part of a team.
This description of responsibilities is simply intended to provide basic guidance to outline a minimum standard of performance.
The hotel values an IOU attitude, where an employee is encouraged to Lead, take Ownership and deal with situations of all kinds with a Sense of Urgency. While this document describes the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job, we encourage and expect our team to go above and beyond the minimum standards at all times to show concern and care for the guest, co-workers, and managers. The hotel believes in a culture where team members help each other and work together in an environment where the most important task is providing exceptional service to guests, at all times.
As a result, this is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people in this job.
- Ability to understand guests’ service needs.
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration, and think clearly when providing service to 30 guests within any given period of time.
- Ability to focus attention on details.
- Ability to suggestively sell alcoholic beverages and wines.
- Ability to maintain good coordination while serving orders quickly.
- Ability to exert physical effort in transporting food and beverage to guests.
- Ability to endure abundant physical movements throughout the work areas.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Maintain complete knowledge of service requirements for assigned functions.
- Attend Pre-function meeting.
- Complete pre-function side work as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment only as intended.
- Greet guests as they arrive and assist them with seating at tables including lapping napkins.
- Take guests’ alcoholic beverage orders, utilizing suggestive selling techniques, when specified on function requirements.
- Record order of guests following departmental service procedures.
- Retrieve alcoholic beverage items from the bar and serve them to guests in accordance with the departmental standards.
- Open and serve wine/champagne bottles in accordance with departmental standards and function requirements.
- Serve all food courses and non-alcoholic beverage items to the guest in accordance with departmental standards and function requirements.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Handle guest complaints ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned station and service areas.
- Set up, monitor, refresh, and break down coffee breaks, receptions, and buffet tables for specified functions according to group requirements and departmental standards.
- Complete closing side duties:
- Properly store all reusable goods.
- Breakdown all goods as specified in departmental standards.
- Clean all equipment as assigned.
- Restock items for the next service.
- Remove all dirty linen and transport to Laundry.
- Marry and stock all condiments.
- Secure storage areas.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all work and storage areas throughout shift.
- Adhere to payment, cash handling, and credit policies/procedures.
- Follow maintenance program and cleaning schedule.
- Assist on other functions as assigned.
- Assist Convention Services Houseman with room set-ups as assigned.
- Legibly document pertinent information in the logbook.
- Legibly document maintenance needs on work orders and submits them to the manager.
- Attend menu and wine tastings as scheduled.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- 1-year experience as a Restaurant or Banquet Food Server.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests,
management, and co-workers to their understanding.
- Food Service Sanitation License highly desired or ability to obtain and/or maintain any government required licenses, certificates, or permits.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Occasionally works in outside weather conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, stoop, talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must frequently lift up to 50 pounds and must be able to push up to 150 lbs
Posted 13 days ago