Epping Forest Yacht Club is one of the most premier places to work in Northeast Florida. Apply today and take advantage of a unique opportunity to work at this historic property. People are our greatest asset, and we are currently seeking people like you who have a desire to join our team.
Responsibilities for this Position
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Must have six months of full service restaurant, private club server, or banquet server experience.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must know basic service steps (how to wait a table) and have a good understanding of beverages – alcoholic and nonalcoholic.
JOB SUMMARY: Insure members have a very enjoyable dining experience by having a positive attitude, knowing the product, delivering top quality service, knowing and using the member’s names, exceeding the members’ expectations, and being a team player.
DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
1. Be punctual at all times and arrive to work on time, consistently.
2. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, to include weekends and holidays.
3. Clothing must be in proper taste, crisp, clean, and in good repair, upon entering the property, including wearing name tag. Demeanor must be professional and welcoming.
4. Hair must be clean and cut in a becoming style; Management has final approval.
5. Become proficient on all appropriate equipment and safety features.
6. Learn and follow all safety procedures, especially those pertaining to lifting and carrying heavy objects.
7. Make sure all side work is complete, before opening.
8. Set up tables: glass and silver are clean and lined up properly; salt and pepper shakers are clean and filled; chairs, including legs and table bases are clean; flowers look good; ashtrays are on table and clean; sugar holders are full and clean; and table cloth is crisp and hanging properly.
9. Attend pre-shift meeting to learn daily specials, and miscellaneous information.
10. Greet members and their guests IMMEDIATELY and with a SMILE.
11. Guide members and their guests through the course of their dining experience, communicating frequently with them.
12. Communicate with the Banquet Captain or the Banquet Operations Manager as to when to close.
13. Clean station and side work as required.
14. Check out with the Banquet Captain or the Banquet Operations Manager before leaving.
15. Perform other jobs that will assist in quality member service as assigned by the Banquet Captain or the Banquet Operations Manager.
16. Take monthly inventory of china, glass and silver when assigned.
Varied schedule including weekdays/weeknights/weekends and holidays.
- Paid Vacation/Holidays/Sick
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dry Cleaning/Laundry
- Free Parking
- Staff Cafe
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Posted 5 days ago