$55,000 – $65,000 a year
Full Job Description
We are preparing for growth and are excited to increase our Chef / Kitchen Manager ranks!
The Chef / Kitchen Manager position keeps the fire burning; in themselves, in our team and in the oven. Our menu is full of amazing Neapolitan inspired fare including wood-fired pizzas, pastas, small plates, salads, desserts, craft cocktails, wine, beer and espresso. This position is ultimately responsible for executing our purpose of “Nourishing lives by sharing traditions, authentic food and love,” providing a memorable guest experience to every guest and meeting our financial goals. The way we accomplish this is through our adherence to Neapolitan traditions, following our proven recipes and systems, showing genuine care for our guests and teammates, and enjoying making people happy.
A successful Chef will lead by example, communicate effectively with all levels of staff, management, guests and community. The Chef will live our values and remove barriers, real or perceived, to the accomplishment of our goals and the daily fulfillment of our purpose by all kitchen staff. They will also effectively collaborate with Chefs from other locations, our Executive Chef, Director of Operations, their General Manager, Restaurant Manager, team members and other departments. It is important to demonstrate the ability to manage multiple projects while continuing to focus on details, not let the urgent overshadow the important, exhibit a positive outlook, and hold others and oneself accountable.
- Friendly, supportive work environments
- Advancement in a growing company
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- Generous PTO & Vacation policies
- Quarterly bonuses based on performance
- Training in scratch cooking & centuries-old culinary traditions
- Free espresso & shift meals
- Manager card to entertain friends & family
Everyone working in our restaurants is expected to:
- Contribute to working in a team environment where everyone is valued and respected.
- Communicate well with coworkers, team leaders, and management. Communication is vital to everything running as smoothly as possible and any potential issues being addressed in the “controlled-chaos” that is a busy restaurant.
- Demonstrate product and operational knowledge and perform well during high volume periods.
- Maintain required permits such as food handler’s permit and demonstrate knowledge of health code regulations.
- Remain coachable and eager to improve the quality of the service and products we provide.
- Assist with house-keeping tasks to keep our work environment clean, safe and properly functioning.
Chefs Specifically are expected to:
- Hone your craft, pizza making is an art… constantly strive to improve your techniques and celebrate the accomplishments of everyone on our team.
- Establish trust within your team and our organization through your integrity, consistency, and principled work toward the achievement of goals.
- Empower your team to deliver their best every shift.
- Encourage and support the growth and development of our team members.
- Ensure the quality of the food leaving the kitchen. Maintain our standards and inspire everyone to strive for perfection, every time.
- Adhere to all recipes and procedures as trained and coach others to do the same.
- Follow all safety and health department guidelines and our procedures around them such as ensuring the completion of line checks and cooling charts.
- Maintain favorable food and labor costs.
- Run the kitchen, from scheduling, to food production, coaching, inventory, ordering, problem solving… all of it.
- Have at least 2 years of kitchen leadership experience.
- Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, and lifting products and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds and repetitive hand and wrist motion. Can include working outdoors in various temperatures. Also, work with sharp and hazardous equipment as well as work with phones, computers, and other office equipment.
Posted 30+ days ago