Full Job Description
Texas Western Hospitality and managing partner Western International own and operate over thirty hotels, ranging from select service and full service to extended stays. We build and manage only the best brands. We proudly fly Marriott, Hilton, and Holiday Inn flags. We operate hotels throughout Texas, Arizona, North Carolina, and Washington State. We also have several properties currently under construction, which will be opening in the near future.
At TWH, we fly the best flags, build the best hotels and employ the best people. This simple, yet proven strategy has allowed us to deliver exceptional results to our stakeholders, investment partners, owners, associates, and customers alike.
The Front Desk Supervisor* will:
- Assist in the hiring, training and career development of all housekeeping, front desk & breakfast employees; assists with performance evaluations and communicating performance standards to employees.
- Inspect the level of cleanliness in guest rooms, storage areas, laundry areas, restrooms, and public areas.
- Assist the AGM & General Manager in leading, directing and supervising the hotel operation including, but not limited to: guest services, breakfast, housekeeping, and maintenance.
- Assist in scheduling staff according to standards and forecasted occupancy; assigns daily work tasks to employees.
- Distribute keys and work assignments to staff
- Complete follow-up on vacant or occupied rooms
- Assist in the ordering and receiving of linen, cleaning breakfast supplies to maintain appropriate inventory levels necessary for the efficient operation of the department; assists with monthly linen and supply inventory.
- Ensures the completion of the Housekeeper’s Report and communicates clean and available rooms to the Guest Services Department.
- Document and communicates maintenance requests to the Engineering Department to ensure hotel service quality standards are met.
- Respond quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Reports appropriate guest complaints or requests to the appropriate department. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Display a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Follow company policies and procedures and is able to effectively communicate them to subordinates.
- Conduct training classes regarding safety, security, department procedures, and service guidelines.
- Ensures hotel is in compliance with all federal, state and local laws, including OSHA, EEOC, Wage-Hour and Health laws.
- We are looking for a strong leader who is upbeat and approachable and who consistently demonstrates a natural ability to engage with associates, guests and the general public. You will need a positive, collaborative style to work well with team members in all areas of hotel operations. You must be attentive to details, good at solving problems, and able to promote a passion for quality and service.
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility