Hotel experience: 3 years (Preferred)
US work authorization (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Directly supervises all front office personnel and ensures proper completion of all front office duties. Directs and coordinates the activities of the front desk, reservations, guest services, and telephone areas.
FRONT OFFICE MANAGER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Trains, cross –trains, and retrains all front office personnel demonstrating best methods for serving clients and guests
- Participates in the selection of front office personnel.
- Schedules the front office staff.
- Supervises workload during shifts.
- Evaluates the job performance of each front office employee.
- Maintains working relationships and communicates with all departments.
- Verifies that accurate room status information is maintained and properly communicated.
- Manage airline flight crew housing and ground transportation on a daily basis maintaining accuracy and integrity of all documentation and data to comply with airline’s standards.
- Resolve guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Updates group information. Maintains, monitors, and prepares group requirements. Relays information to appropriate personnel.
- Works within the allocated budget for the front office.
- Conducts regularly scheduled meetings of front office personnel.
- Upholds the hotel’s commitment to hospitality.
- Prepare performance reports related to front office.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyze rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count.
- Participate in financial activities such as setting room rates, establishing tiered discounts and packages and yield management. Monitor all front office financial operations, including group billing, verifying rates, daily sales reconciliation, petty cash and room inventory controls.
- Work closely with all department heads to maintain optimum levels of communication to effectively and efficiently complete projects.
- Ensure corporate and departmental policies and procedures are adhered to at all levels.
- Ensure compliance with city ordinances and measures.
- Assumes the role of Manager on Duty during GM’s absence.
- Ensure implementation of all hotel policies and house rules.
- Operate all aspects of Front Office computer system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple configuration changes.
- Prepare revenue and occupancy forecasting.
- Review daily front office work and activity reports generated by Night Audit.
- Minimum of two years of hotel front desk management experience.
- Opera/IHG experience preferred
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Weekend availability
- Associate (Preferred)
- Hotel experience: 3 years (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location