Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $31.6K – $40K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Nashville, TN.
Full Job Description
Supervise Guest Room Attendants, Laundry Attendants, and Housekeeping Attendants. Assign job tasks, inspect clean rooms, and continuously train staff, ensuring excellent guest service.
- Provide the highest quality of service to the guest at all times and anticipate and exceed guest expectations. Know and live the mission and the White Lodging/brand basics. Understand the WL Way.
- Ensure staff follows brand standards and the department can pass a brand standards audit.
- Supervise Housekeeping staff including GRA’s, Laundry Attendants, House Aides, and Public Area Attendants. Complete schedule. Oversee staffing levels and make adjustments to ensure service levels are met within labor model. Ensure that all associates are following their checklist or railroad schedule and taking their breaks.
- Assign specific duties to staff for efficient operation of Housekeeping.
- Oversee department in absence of Housekeeping Manager.
- Complete inventory, ordering, and daily payroll as directed.
- Ensure that all associates have proper supplies, equipment and uniform including nametag, gloves and goggles.
- Capable of performing all hourly functions and operating all equipment in department.
- Assist in training new associates and cross-training existing associates according to the Certification Program.
- Assist in interviewing and hiring new associates for the department.
- Resolve routine associate issues as needed and bring issues to the attention of the Department Manager as necessary. Make recommendations to manager in accordance with progressive discipline policy.
- Train associates on safety standards and enforce those standards on a consistent basis. Identify associates engaging in unsafe behaviors and retrain them appropriately. Complete accident investigations and take steps to prevent future accidents. Follow up with injured associates.
- Follow proper use of approved chemicals and accurately label chemical containers. Always use gloves when handling chemicals. Complete Chemical Training and Blood borne Pathogen Training.
- Practice safety standards at all times and keep the property safe for guests and fellow associates. Use wet floor signs as required. Use personal protective equipment.
- Promote teamwork and associate morale. Treat people with respect.
- Recognize associate successes via the White Lodging Recognition Program.
- Conduct daily preshift meeting. Perform uniform inspection prior to opening shift and make necessary corrections immediately.
- Represent department at staff meetings as required.
- Know laws concerning treatment of trespassers.
- Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures and ensure staff responds appropriately in the event of an emergency. Assist Emergency Response Team as necessary. Know location and use of fire extinguishers.
- Demonstrate knowledge of EEO policy, Fair Employment Practices and Fair Labor Standards Act. Promote a harassment-free work environment.
- Respond to all pages and radio calls immediately.
- Maintain knowledge of hotel property, hotel staff, hotel services, hotel service hours of operation and hotel surroundings (i.e. mall, restaurants).
- Communicate properly and effectively with the guest, associates and managers. Effectively respond to guest complaints
- Print out daily reports and break out the house by completing Housekeeping boards.
- Inspect guestrooms and public areas on a daily basis to ensure cleanliness standards and that rooms are ready for check in. Keep pace with guestroom inspections to have no waits.
- Communicate and enforce the property’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure cleanliness and organization of linen room, laundry area, lost and found, storage rooms, associate break room and Guest Room Attendant’s carts.
- Know and monitor proper Guestroom Entry Procedures located in the Red Emergency Response Procedures Manual. Before entering a guestroom, knock on the door three times and announce “Guest Room Attendant.”
- Ensure Housekeeping staff is consistently following proper sign-in and sign-out for master keys in compliance with key control procedure.
- Inspect guestrooms for maintenance needs and complete work orders if needed. This includes fixtures, televisions, radios, heating/cooling equipment, dishwasher, refrigerator, etc.
- Monitor the proper settings for heating /cooling equipment and radio.
- Train staff on how to operate laundry equipment.
- Monitor, coach, and complete the 10 Step Departure Cleaning Process.
- Monitor, coach, and complete the 8 Step Stayover Cleaning Process.
- Capable of moving items such as linen, terry, boxes, housekeeping cart Know and train proper moving and lifting procedures identified in the Department Orientation Training.
- Monitor and maintain established productivity standards.
- Schedules REX, RAPS and associate meetings.
- Communicate ready-room status to the Front Desk in a timely manner. Minimize or eliminate guests waiting for rooms.
- Assist in cleaning rooms and laundry, if needed.
- Monitor to ensure that at the end of each shift, staff cleaned, organized and restocked housekeeping cart, following White Lodging and hotel brand standards.
- Carts should be stored in designated area.
- Ensure that the Housekeeping Attendant is completing his/her tasks (buff floors, perform carpet care, empty trash containers in all public areas, clean ashtrays and ash urns, etc.)
- Monitor cleanliness of hotel including parking lot and exterior entrances.
- Ensure security and confidentiality of all guest and hotel information and material.
- Utilize property Service Recovery/Defect Tracking processes.
- Report unsafe conditions and suspicious activity to Security/Management.
- Perform closing shift duties.
- Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company. This includes, but is not limited to those contained in the Associate Orientation Handbook and the red Emergency Response Procedures Manual. Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Available to work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
- Job Knowledge
- Quality of Work
- Quantity of Work
- Organization Skills
- Guest Focus/Customer Service
- Judgment/Problem Solving
- Must pass certification quiz/test for position.
- None required.
- Lift, carry or otherwise move up to 10 lbs. regularly.
- Lift, carry or otherwise move up to 50 lbs. occasionally with assistance.
- Follow proper moving and lifting procedures identified in Departmental Orientation Handbook.
- Regularly required to stand; sit; walk; reach; use hands to finger, handle or feel; talk and hear.
FULL TIME BENEFIT OVERVIEW
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Vacation and Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Complimentary and Discounted Rooms
Location Code: 2407
Posted 30+ days ago