Full Job Description
We are turning up the volume in Music City and we want you to join our playlist! This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic pre-opening team with Four Seasons Hotel Nashville set to open mid-2022.
The new Four Seasons Hotel Nashville seeks a Lounge Server to join our talented pre-opening team! Don’t miss this unique opportunity to be part of the world’s leading luxury hotel company!
This individual will be a part of a team responsible for putting the food & beverage scene at Four Seasons Nashville on the map. Lounge servers will be responsible for creating a memorable dining experience for guests and residents, providing exceptional and anticipatory service while showcasing a knowledgeable understanding of the menu and preparation methods.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Take guest orders and describe the selection of food & beverage menu items to guests by offering interesting and vivid descriptions of each item’s, origin, taste, and preparation methods
- Communicate guest orders including any special needs or requests to the kitchen and bar using the hotel’s point-of-sales system; coordinate food and beverage timings
- Check completed kitchen orders with the guest’s original order and transport items to the guest table or lounge chair in a timely manner to ensure proper food quality
- Anticipate guest needs, ascertain satisfaction, and offer suggestions, and respond urgently and appropriately to guest concerns and requests
- Read each table and adapt to the guest, creating a customized experience for a variety of local guests, international travelers, and building residents alike
- Properly and accurately close guest checks; process cash and credit card payments; properly settle voided checks or complimentary meals
- Breakdown, clean and set-up of tables and chairs
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors
- Assists with responsibilities and duties in the absence of or due to heavy volume in areas of Food & Beverage when needed
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience working a minimum of 2-3 years in Food & Beverage and previous experience as a server
- Thrive working in a fast paced, and large team environment
- The Server position may require continuous standing for up to 8 hours a day and requires the ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Knowledge of Nashville and surrounding areas, highly desirable, however not required
- Preferred experience in a luxury hotel or resort
- Must be flexible with schedule – Able to work weekdays, weekends, and holidays shifts
- Strong oral presentation skills
- Ability to carry and balance a tray
- Ability to accurately process cash and credit card transactions
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume and demanding environment
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to handle difficult situations and guests
- Requires reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
About Four Seasons Hotel & Private Residences Nashville
A soaring new landmark on the Nashville skyline, Four Seasons pays homage to the city’s creative spirit. 40 stories high, with 235 keys (42 suites) and 143 residence units, the property is located in the upmarket neighborhood of SoBro where floor to ceiling windows provide unobstructed downtown panoramic views. The hotel will feature 19,200 sq ft of meeting space, an indoor/outdoor restaurant, a luxury spa, and an outdoor pool deck.
Currently operating 120 hotels and resorts, and 45 residential properties in major city centers and resort destinations in 47 countries, and with more than 50 projects under planning or development, Four Seasons consistently ranks among the world’s best hotels and most prestigious brands in reader polls, traveler reviews and industry awards. Our greatest asset, and the key to our success, is our people. We believe that each of us needs a sense of dignity, pride, and satisfaction in what we do.
What to Expect
- Dynamic Employee Culture where you are encouraged to be your true self!
- Inclusive and diverse employee engagement events all year-round
- Competitive wages and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program, and 401k Retirement Plan) as well as Vacation & Holiday Pay
- Sick Pay, Disability Coverage and Life Insurance
- Exclusive discount and travel programs with Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
- Complementary Uniforms and uniform care
- Complimentary Employee Meals
- Comprehensive learning and development programs to help you master your craft.
- And so much more!
Authorization to work in the United States is required for this role.
FOUR SEASONS HOTELS & RESORTS
Four Seasons is dedicated to perfecting the travel experience through continual innovation and the highest standards of hospitality. The deeply instilled Four Seasons culture is personified by its employees – people who share a single focus and are inspired to offer great service. At Four Seasons, we believe in recognizing a familiar face, welcoming a new one and treating every one we meet the way we would want to be treated ourselves. Whether you work with us, stay with us, live with us, discover with us, we believe our purpose is to create impressions that will stay with you for a lifetime. It comes from our belief that life is richer when we truly connect to the people and the world around us.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Four Seasons, visit us:
Posted 30+ days ago