$17.50 an hour
Hotel Experience: 1 year (Required)
Front Desk: 1 year (Required)
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Full Job Description
It’s Better at Baywood!
JOB TITLE: Night Auditor
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Ensures guest satisfaction by providing courteous and efficient service. Responsible for the accurate registration, posting of charges, and check-out of guests. Handles guest questions and concerns as required by management.
Adheres to specific Brand Standards as required. Will be required to assume position of Person in Charge (PIC) during the overnight shift.
- Greets guests with genuine and warm spirit of hospitality
- Registers (Check-in) guests in an efficient manner, following Baywood & Brand standards, securing proper method of payment
- Posts transactions to guest and master accounts
- Reviews guest account balance, ensuring that payment is secured
- Reconciles discrepancies between Property Management System (PMS), Housekeeping reports and registration cards
- Reviews arrivals and blocks special requests
- Processes required reports, including down time, high balance, etc.
- Monitors and restocks sundry shop, ensuring consumed items are paid for; Follows established procedure for removal of expired items.
- Handles guest requests and concerns in courteous and efficient manner
- Coordinates the delivery of guest services by other hotel departments and outside businesses
- Processes all incoming and outgoing reservation and cancellation requests in a timely and efficient manner
- Prepares guest amenities, and ensures delivery in a timely manner
- Handles in-house guest reservation requests such as extension, late check-out, and rebooking
- Handles check-out procedures swiftly and accurately and assists guests on departure.
- Maximizes room revenue and occupancy levels through suggestive selling for upsell potential and walk in guests
- Stores guest luggage
- Presents to guests accurate information regarding marketing programs applicable to the hotel, local area, and all hotel functions and outlets
- Handles departmental cash drawer, accounting of monies, credit card receipts, guest accounts, and other forms of credit and cash handling guidelines
- Maintains information and communication sources such as, log book, franchise directories, checklists, and electronic communication
- Operates Private Branch Exchange (PBX switchboard) equipment to handle incoming calls, outgoing calls, wake up calls, do-not-disturbs and the paging of guests, all while maintaining guest and staff privacy and security
- Operates the franchise terminal and performs designated maintenance tasks
- Maintains procedures for credit control and handling of financial transactions
- Maintains guest safety & privacy by adhering to established procedures
- Issues safety deposit boxes for guest use, following security protocol
- Monitors key box, issuing keys to the appropriate staff members. Logs all transactions
- Completes brand specific log and follows brand and Baywood protocol for guest complaints, including escalation to management if needed, and completed follow up
- Adheres to departmental communication through the effective use of staff meetings, log books, and bulletin boards
- Coordinates emergency procedures including evacuations, immediately notifying management of such occurrences
- Assists with the relocation of guests, when necessary
- Assists other departments during slow periods
- Audits all accounts to ensure they balance, to include such accounts as tray and city ledger, reservation deposits, credit card accounts, and room, food & beverage, and banquet charges.
- Transfers charges and deposits to master accounts.
- Closes necessary accounts at month end.
- Prepares final reports of all daily revenue summaries.
- Posts all room and tax revenues and late charges, including No-Shows.
- Insures all revenues, adjustments, taxes and gratuities are accurately distributed from POS system (at some properties)
- Changes system date.
- Follows all company policies and procedures as outlined in Policy Manual.
- Responsible for Life Safety Procedures and equipment
- Participates (at some properties) in Manager on Duty schedule.
- Additional duties may be added at any time at the discretion of management.
Consistently models the behavior of a ‘Baywood Ambassador’ who:
- Maintains a professional image, including grooming, verbiage, and body language, at all times.
- Warmly greets both guests and coworkers (using the 10/5, first and last rule) every time they come in contact.
- Actively listens to guests, responding appropriately to their questions and/or concerns. Seeks guidance and/or assistance from others to ensure satisfaction.
- Fosters teamwork by offering assistance to others, as needed.
- Continuously monitors the surroundings at work, in order to identify any cleanliness, safety, security, or building upkeep issues. Reports discrepancies to the proper department.
- Contributes to a safe work environment by following proper safety guidelines in matters of attire, utilizing protective gear, and following safety procedures.
- Recommends other Baywood properties to our guests, when appropriate.
- Makes a genuine effort to identify and seize each golden opportunity to ‘* WOW the guest!’ *demonstrating our motto
‘I t’s Better at Baywood! ’
- High School diploma
Certifications / Licenses:
- TIPS, or similar approved, alcohol server training certification (as required)
- Previous hotel Front Desk experience preferred; however, ability gained through 2+ years related employment
(customer service) or on-the-job training may substitute for actual Front Desk experience.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral
- Bilingual (Spanish & English) preferred, depending on geographic market
- Ability to work the shifts required for the position
- Ability to learn and adhere to Brand & Baywood Hotels’ standards
- Ability to take information from various sources and determine a responsible course of action
- Ability to understand interdepartmental relationships
- Ability to operate office equipment and industry specific software (PMS)
- Ability to remain calm during stressful situations
- Walking and Standing: 100% (Must be able to stand for the entire shift, usually 8 hours)
- Sitting: Rarely
- Bending, Stooping, Reaching: Occasionally
- Lifting, Push/Pull: 40 lbs infrequently
- Driving: Rarely
- Traveling: None
Environmental Conditions :
- Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not temperature changes
- Outside: Rarely
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $17.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Hotel Experience: 1 year (Required)
- Front Desk: 1 year (Required)
- One location