The Post Oak Hotel at Uptown Houston
The Post Oak Hotel at Uptown Houston is seeking a Pastry Sous Chef to join our team. We hire individuals that are committed to providing a remarkable guest experience and changing the standard of luxury. If your skills and talents are a match for our needs, we can open the door to growth and leadership opportunities.
What we offer you:
- Unparalleled training and development programs
- Generous employee discounts on dining, retail, amusements and hotels
- Flexible schedules
- Multiple benefit plans to suit your needs
- Paid time off or paid sick leave (based on location)
- Opportunities for advancement
- Community volunteer opportunities with Landry’s League
- Positive and respectful work environment where diversity is valued
What you can expect to do:
- Assist the Executive Pastry Chef with training, writing, maintaining and updating all pastry recipes, menus and production forecasts.
- Attend BEO meetings during the Executive Pastry Chefs absence.
- Assist with staffing levels by scheduling appropriately to ensure proper coverage is maintained while ensuring payroll cost are in line and/or reflecting business levels and forecast.
- Must be familiar and knowledgeable with operating all kitchen equipment and machinery including safe operations and maintenance.
- Must respect all food products and ensure proper storage and rotation are practiced daily in accordance with SOP’s, local Health Department and HACCP regulations.
- Must follow specifications and execute all standard recipes to ensure flavor, quality, size and presentation of products meet the Hotels standards.
- Must have working knowledge in mathematics for execution of recipe conversions.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area at all times and is in compliance with the established sanitation standards of superior personal hygiene.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of metric system.
- Maintain clear & effective communication between team members and a positive atmosphere in the kitchen.
- Must be reliable and accepts responsibility and accountability for all actions.
- Understands and takes part in the hotels sanitation standards and encourages in the savings of the company’s assets by preventing unnecessary wastage.
- Three to four years of experience working in a high volume and detailed-oriented luxury hotel.
- Knowledgeable and well-rounded in all areas of the pastry kitchen including breads, pastries, confections, cake design and ice cream making.
- Must be passionate about pastry and breads and be current with culinary concepts, practices and procedures.
- Has working knowledge of advanced pastry techniques, be organized, move quickly, handle pressure well and take great pride in their demeanor and work.
- Possess great communication skills and display a pleasant and outgoing personality.
- Ability to work in high stress conditions, pay close attention to detail, handle multiple tasks, work efficiently and demonstrate high level of patience.
- Stand, walk, bend, kneel, climb, reach and perform repetitive motions frequently for 8-12 hours a day,
- Ability to lift, carry, push or pull 50-100 lbs.
- Follow all company policies and procedures including food safety program and safety and security.
- Serve as role model figure, be approachable, open minded, eager to learn and lead by example.
- Find methods to improve the efficiency of the department and increase productivity.
- Extremely creative with strong service skills and a demonstrated ability to energize a diverse team of culinary professionals.
Apply now if you:
- Aspire to our “Be FAIR” ideals: Be Friendly, Accommodating, Inclusive, and Respectful
- Three to four years of experience working in a high volume luxury hotel.
- Pastry Degree or Certification preferred.
- Hotel opening experience preferred.
- Knowledge in and or experience with Forbes 5 Star service standards is preferred.
Auto req ID
Posted 1 day ago