Full Job Description
The Room Service Server is responsible for providing superior service to both the internal and external guests. The Room Service Server is also responsible for providing room service to guests as requested.
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
- Provides superior customer service, positively effects interactions with customers and employees, and has the resiliency to deal with difficult customers in all types of business conditions and the ability to work harmoniously with coworkers.
- Performs daily activities of all Room Service requests assigned shift in a prompt, courteous and efficient manner.
- Assists guests with menu and beverage selection, demonstrating salesmanship with complete menu and product knowledge.
- Notifies supervisor, manager, or line chef of any food products that are not properly prepared.
- Handles/reports special guest inquiries and complaints received in Room Service.
- Maintains all Food & Beverage Department par stock levels.
- Maintains department standards in relationship to service, product quality and delivery time.
- Maintains a well-groomed, neat, and clean appearance, carrying out duties with attention to sanitation and safety.
- Ability to stand and walk for an eight-hour shift.
- Ability to carry trays and hot boxes short distances.
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff and customers.
- Ability to efficiently move around work area read and prepares special orders, take and recite orders by phone, etc.
- This position operates in a working environment that is subject to varying levels of noise, crowds, and smoke, the severity of which depends upon customer volume.
- Prepares and completes all paperwork for assigned outlet in an organized manner. Maintains accurate cash balance and handles money in a secure manner according to established standards.
What are we looking for?:
(Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis)
- Effective written and communications skills essential as majority of work time is spent interacting with hotel guests and directing staff.
- Knowledge of Room Service functions helpful.
- Must be able to speak English.
- Basic mathematical skills preferred
- Computer knowledge and money handling experience helpful.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
These skills and abilities are typically acquired through a minimum of one-year experience in a Room Service environment.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: (Licenses, Certifications, Testing, etc.):
Possession of, and ability to obtain and maintain a valid drivers and gaming license within assigned state of employment and other jurisdictions
Must successfully pass background check
Must successfully pass an alcohol and drug screening
Must be 18 years of age
CUSTOMER SERVICE REQUIREMENT
What would it be like to work at this property?:
Overlooking the Missouri River, this 130,000 square-foot casino and AAA Four Diamond full-service luxury suite hotel is in historic St. Charles. With an architectural design derived from the historic wharf and train stations,
Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles hints at the action inside. The streetscape continues the theme by following the design cues of St. Charles Port District complete with seven dining outlets, 12 bars, an entertainment venue, a full-service luxury day spa, indoor/outdoor pool, gift shop and 22,000 square-foot conference center.
Ameristar St. Charles
Our past success, our current business philosophies and our sound business planning, combine to position Boyd Gaming Corporation to maximize value for our shareholders, our team members and our communities.
We, as members of Boyd Gaming Corporation, operate with only the highest degree of integrity, and rely on the competence and friendliness of each person in our organization to provide entertainment and service to satisfy our customers’ wants.
Through teamwork, we strive to maximize shareholder value, to be among the leading companies in our industry and to provide opportunities for all while we support and enhance our communities.
Boyd Gaming is one of the nation’s leading casino entertainment companies. But we’re so much more – a Fortune 1000 company that retains the philosophy of a family-owned business, focused on creating long-term, sustainable growth for our shareholders. This philosophy defines and separates us from the competition, making us unique in our industry.
From our earliest beginnings in the 1970s, we made a commitment to our shareholders and our team members to create an operating style built around family. In a highly competitive industry, our Boyd Style of hospitality has come to define us in a most unique way.
Forging ahead in the coming years, we will remain focused on our three main goals: improving our operating performance, continuing to execute on our current growth strategy, and demonstrating our branding initiatives.
We remain confident in the strength of our Company to successfully meet whatever challenges lie ahead.
Posted 30+ days ago