Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $37.9K – $47.9K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in San Diego, CA.
Full Job Description
About Bartell Hotels: Bartell Hotels is San Diego’s largest independent hotel owner-operator with a sharp focus on employees, customers and community. This diverse collection of properties reflects Southern California’s natural beauty, love for active lifestyles and exceptional hospitality. Our hotels combine classic and modern design, farm-to-table restaurants and energized bars, three beautiful marinas and the iconic Humphreys Concerts by the Bay entertainment venue.
Our Culture: * At Bartell Hotels you will find a team of incredibly friendly people who are committed to exceeding guest expectations every day. The Bartell Hotels culture emphasizes respect, pride, teamwork and development. When you work at Bartell Hotels, you are encouraged to think entrepreneurially, and you are empowered to perform and show leadership in ways that can help advance your career. We often look within to promote deserving colleagues at all levels. Bartell Hotels embraces colleague diversity, inclusion and equity, and is firmly committed to respecting and appreciating each colleague.
Bartell Hotels is an equal opportunity employer.
Primary Objective of Sous Chef Position*
To assist the Executive Chef in overall kitchen operation as a successful independent profit center, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction, through planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the Kitchen operation and administration.
- Ensure that all recipes and product yields are accurately costed and reviewed regularly.
- Ensure that all food items are prepared as per standard recipe cards whilst maintaining portion control and minimizing waste.
- Ensure that food stock levels within the culinary department areas are of sufficient quantity and quality in relevance to the hotel occupancy and function forecasts.
- Ensure that all food products received into the hotel meet quality standards and that they are stored and rotated correctly.
- Ensure that associate meals and associate dining services are of a consistently high standard.
- Ensure that staff is always in clean tidy uniforms and are always presentable to be in guest view.
- Responsible for the supervision of all stewards and their activities within the culinary department.
- Ensure that the overall culinary department is motivated and that positive feedback on work performance is given.
- To delegate responsibilities to subordinates as required.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses and provide timely feedback to the individual.
- Ensure that the culinary department adheres to all company and hotel policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all food preparation equipment is being used safely and correctly and that it is cleaned and maintained.
- To initiate relevant maintenance reports and work orders supported by the respective follow up of those items actioned.
- Culinary Degree and/or minimum 2 years of progressive kitchen experience expected.
Other duties may be assigned as needed
Physical Demands & Work Environment*
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, as well as lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. The employee is sometimes exposed to outside weather conditions and frequently to hot or cold interior conditions as well as moving mechanical parts, sharp cutting tools and hot external surfaces of kitchen cooking equipment. The employee must also be able to go up and down a flight of stairs while carrying 100 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Job Type: Full-time
Posted 16 days ago