Full Service/Scratch Kitchen Restaurant Management: 2 years (Preferred)
Full Job Description
The Sous Chef contributes to the success of Buca di Beppo through the direction and control of restaurant operations to ensure a positive guest experience and company profitability. The Sous Chef’s responsibility is to direct the operation of the restaurant, attain sales and profit objectives, maintain the highest standards of food quality, service, cleanliness, safety, and sanitation by assisting in the direction and supervising of supervisors and family members. The Sous Chef is responsible for the Heart of the House in the absence of the Chef.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
The following list is not inclusive of additional responsibilities that may be requested by the Manager on duty.
ENSURE A HIGH-QUALITY OPERATION
- Provide family members, managers, and guests with a positive experience and atmosphere.
- Ensure prompt, friendly service according to Buca di Beppo’s guidelines.
- Ensure positive Guest experience by monitoring and ensuring appropriate Steps of Service.
- Promote an atmosphere of positive Guest Relations. Build Guest relationships and respond to Guest complaints or concerns professionally and in a timely manner.
- Manage the responsible service of alcohol. Monitor alcohol awareness
- Maintain and inspect dining room, food receiving, preparation, production, and storage areas to ensure that health and safety regulations are always adhered to. Correct unsafe practices or conditions.
- Supervise cleaning and maintenance of equipment.
- Maintain restaurant cleanliness and organization.
What we’re looking for – Quality and Integrity! We will search for, and retain, only the most sincere and enthusiastic family members. The quality and integrity of our family will be the catalyst for our commitment to the service of our guests and the profitability of our company. Our teamwork and humor will create tremendous loyalty among our team and guests, making us sought after by both. Celebrate while you work!
About Us: With locations from New York City to Honolulu, Buca di Beppo’s restaurants embody the Italian traditions of food, friendship, and hospitality. Dishes enjoyed for generations in villages throughout Italy inspire the menu, which features both Northern and Southern Italian favorites. While the food has pleased millions of palates from coast to coast, Buca di Beppo is equally famous for its quirky décor and upbeat atmosphere. For more information: visit http://www.bucadibeppo.com
Qualifications: You must be at least 18 years of age to be eligible for employment. Buca, Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. All employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We do not discriminate in our employment opportunities on any basis protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Must submit a background screening
- Full Service/Scratch Kitchen Restaurant Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location