With miles of sandy beaches and a year-round average 70-degree temperature, there is no better place to live and work than sunny San Diego! Within this seaside paradise lies the newly renovated, four-star, Omni San Diego Hotel; a place dedicated to providing a superior experience for both associates and guests.
Omni San Diego’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni San Diego Hotel’s commitment to serve our associates and nurture their growth has led to the company’s highest rating in associate satisfaction and an impressive internal promotion rate. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni San Diego Hotel may be your perfect match.
To provide technical and administrative assistance to the Executive Sous Chef and Executive Chef, ensuring effective operation of the kitchen and food production in all outlets.
- Assist in overseeing the kitchen and supervise the preparation and presentation of foods by line cooks, overseeing that all the food items are prepared as determined by the set forth standards.
- Consistently check line plating and quality, spot check outlets to ensure SOP’s are being followed.
- Requisition and order properly all items needed for the following day from the food storeroom, non-food storeroom and stewarding department.
- Ensure proper sanitation procedures are followed and the outlet kitchen is always clean, neat and orderly.
- Keep walk-in, prep area and equipment up to Health Department standards at all time.
- Ensure an adequate supply of all products prepared on a timely basis.
- Establish standard recipes and ensure the compliance with them.
- Assure that sufficient quantities of items are available to meet projected demands and are stored in a manner which increases their usefulness as well as maintain quality.
- Participates in training staff on menu items including ingredients, preparation methods and unique tastes.
- Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Recruit, interview, and hire associates.
- Effectively coach and counsel associates as needed and complete performance evaluations.
- Train associates in safety procedures and supervises their ability to follow loss prevention policies to prevent accidents and control costs.
- Responsible for scheduling and facilitating monthly OST meetings including agenda development and execution (meeting minutes on file in HR monthly).
- Responsible for ensuring all Omni Standards are applied with regard to new hire training paperwork and orientation, disciplinary procedures, uniform issuance.
- Ensure proper daily stand up meetings are held for the staff.
- Support a positive work environment of employee growth and development and interdepartmental teamwork.
- Champion Omni culture.
- Complete other duties as assigned by management.
- 1-2 years previous culinary leadership experience in a high volume, full service kitchen, preferably in a hotel environment.
- Candidate must have proven culinary skills and must be able to lead, develop, and motivate staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as organizational skills.
- Candidate must be creative and up to speed on new concepts and food trends.
- Computer literate and detail orientated is a must.
- Must have basic mathematical skills and be able to create and understand financial reports.
- Must have experience managing payroll and scheduling.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
- College education and/or culinary degree preferred.
- San Diego Food Handler / Serve Safe certified food manager is required.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry moderate weight. Must be able to walk/stand for extended periods of time, with frequent bending and twisting. Must be able to utilize culinary tools (knives, commercial equipment, etc.) and taste/smell.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity/AA/Disability/Veteran employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.