$18 – $22 an hour
Full Job Description
Trapper’s Sushi is looking to grow our team by adding a new Sushi Chef to our team! As one of the Pacific Northwest’s most desired dining establishments, our mission is to learn our customers names, as well as provide the best service and food possible, leaving our customers with a craving to come back for more!
The Sushi Chef will be responsible for making sushi and other menu items, while delivering an exceptional guest experience. Chefs will work in close collaboration with other kitchen staff and colleagues and are responsible for adhering to established health and safety standards.
If you’re ready to work in an environment where teamwork, honesty and kindness thrive, we encourage you to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create high quality sushi including rolling, cutting, and packaging sushi for take-out and dine-in customers
- Ensure all operating standards including food safety and quality are strictly adhered
- Provide a high level of attention to guest satisfaction and maintain positive relationships with customers in a professional manner, especially those seated at Sushi Bar
- Actively display knowledge of all food and beverage menu items and current promotions
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of sushi station
- Complete opening and closing duties efficiently and safely, using the correct procedures
- Demonstrate and uphold all TRAPCHK core values
Experience and Qualifications
- Proven Sushi Chef or Sushi Roller experience, or multiple years’ experience as a chef or restaurant cook
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a friendly demeanor
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned task
- A team player with good communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent is desirable, Culinary school diploma a plus
- Washington State Food Worker Card is required (before first day of work)
- The employee must regularly lift items up 10 pounds, frequently up to 20 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand throughout their shift, walk, reach with hands and arms in front of body, lift, twist, crouch occasionally.
Trapper’s Sushi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Trapper’s Sushi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Posted 11 days ago