$13 an hour
Bartending: 1 year (Preferred)
Restaurant Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Position: Beertender Reports to: FOH Supervisor
Department: Hospitatlity FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Date: June 1st, 2021
Founded in 1989 in Davis, CA, Sudwerk Brewing Co. is a craft brewing pioneer and one the most notable, award winning brewing company in the Sacramento region. Sudwerk remains a family-owned and independently operated hospitality company that is searching for an energetic, organized self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset who is motivated to develop a career in the beer industry. Succeeding at this job requires an outstanding team player who has demonstrated exemplary work in previous jobs, ideally within the beer and/or manufacturing industry with a background in cost accounting.
Sudwerk’s Mission and Vision supports a culture of striving for mutual success of our employees, suppliers and customers through operational excellence and educational development.
The beertender will report directly to the FOH Supervisor and will be responsible for providing an exceptional guest experience from the guest’s arrival to their departure.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work directly with the public serving/preparing food and beer, while optimizing the Sudwerk Experience
- Maintain Sudwerk beer service standards and integrity while minimizing/eliminating product waste
- Ensure positive guest experiences in all areas of property, all while educating the guest on craft beer and the Sudwerk brand
- Ensure all areas of the tasting room are up to Sudwerk Standards: Retail and merchandise, Food &
- Beverage operations, and beer displays
- Maintain cleanliness of all areas of the facility, including but not limited to the food and bar prep area, all guest facing areas and restrooms
- Adhere to local regulatory department food standards and Sudwerk service levels
- Maintain highest integrity of fiduciary responsibilities through money handling and POS systems
- Uphold standards which exceed regulatory industry standards for health code, quality, and cleanliness (including proper food rotation, time and temperature standards, and food & beverage sanitation guidelines)
- Support on and off-site local marketing plans and initiatives to increase guest traffic, which may include but not limited to local festivals, markets, and activities
- Communication: Excellent verbal skills.
- Interpersonal: Ability to effectively build relationships with co-workers and outside colleagues. Ability to work for and with multiple managers, including owners.
- Motivation: Ability to lead and work harmoniously with the complete team
- Team Involvement: Works effectively with teams and work groups. Actively participates in problem solving and interacts with team and work groups to achieve team and organizational goals.
- Adaptability: Ability to adapt to change in the workplace. Capable of functioning in a fast-paced entrepreneurial setting.
- Quality and Detail Orientation: Attention to accuracy, detail, and performance of high quality work in all aspects of job performance.
- Continuous Improvement: Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications. Active participant in continuous improvement initiatives and goals. Seeks opportunities to improve self and processes.
- Ethical: Maintain high ethical standards in every aspect of job performance.
- Safety and Good Manufacturing Practices: Demonstrates safe work practices. Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety. Follows good manufacturing requirements (including GMP’s and HACCP) and understands the importance of maintaining high quality standards.
Minimum of two years of customer service experience in a retail, quick-service or full-service restaurant environment, taproom, or brewery is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- An interest in and love of craft beer and local artisanal food
- Possesses and exhibits the drive to provide exceptional customer service in a fast-paced work environment
- Basic computer knowledge, specifically POS System, Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Ability to consistently maintain professionalism, collaboration, positive attitude and self-motivation
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS TO CONSIDER
- Part Time flexible hours are required (able to work days, nights, weekends, holidays), Thursday thru Sunday
- Must provide your valid CA Food Handlers Certificate prior to hire
- Must take the ABC LEAD course within 30 days of hire
- Must become certified in the TIPS alcohol awareness program within 30 days of hire
- Occasional travel within a 30-mile radius
- The selected candidate must pass a post offer pre-employment background check
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sudwerk Brewing Co.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Duties are performed in both indoor and outdoor settings, with events often taking place in the elements in all four seasons
- Occasionally exposed to wet, cold and/or humid conditions; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
- The employee will, at times, be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), as designated by the company.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift 55 pounds without assistance and maneuver 168 pounds safely with proper body mechanics
- Moving of food products with carts, dollies, hand trucks, and other moving equipment
- This position will require you to stand, walk and be on your feet for long periods
- Ladder climbing
- Bending, twisting, reaching, pushing, pulling, and performing repetitive motions
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus in various levels of lighting
- Work with strong and often times hazardous chemicals
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate. EOE/M/F/D/V
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $13.00 per hour
- Casual dining restaurant
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- Are you at least 21 years old?
- Bartending: 1 year (Preferred)
- Restaurant Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location